What to do when you lack inspiration with your riding
Updated: Aug 28
Losing inspiration or motivation in any activity, including horse riding, is natural and happens to everyone at some point. The Rider Guider App was actually first thought of when the founder was having this very issue. The Rider Guider App has horse riding audio lessons to help with inspiration and direction when riding.
Here are some tips to help reignite your passion and find inspiration in horse riding again:
1. Set Goals: Establish clear and achievable short-term and long-term goals for your horse riding journey.
2. Change It Up: Sometimes, doing the same thing repeatedly can lead to boredom, riding round and round in circles. Why not try different riding disciplines, like dressage, show jumping, or just hacking out with your horse. Each discipline has its unique challenges and rewards, and it can bring fresh enthusiasm to your riding. Trying a horse riding app can give you new ideas and help with your technique.
Pushing yourself beyond what you're used to can bring back the thrill of horse riding.
4. Connect with Other Riders: Join a local riding club or online community and use an equestrian app where you can share your experiences, learn from others, and find like-minded individuals who share your passion for horses. Engaging with others who have a similar interest can be incredibly motivating and inspiring.
5. Learn Something New: Attend workshops, clinics, or training sessions with experienced riders or instructors. Expanding your knowledge and skills can lead to a renewed sense of excitement as you see your riding abilities improve. Using audio horse riding lessons can give you a completely different perspective to training.
6. Just spend Time with your horse: Sometimes, all you need is to reconnect with your horse. Spend time grooming, bonding, and caring for him or her. Bonding creates a deeper connection and reminds you of the joy that comes from being around horses.
7. Reflect on Past Achievements: Look back at your previous accomplishments. Remind yourself of the challenges you've overcome and the progress you've made. Celebrating your successes can reignite your passion for riding.
8. Take a Break: If you feel burnt out, it's okay to take a short break from riding. Sometimes, stepping away for a little while can give you a fresh perspective and rejuvenate your love for the sport.
9. Seek Inspiration Outside Riding: Explore other sources of inspiration that may indirectly enhance your horse riding experience. Read books or watch documentaries about famous riders, horse training techniques, or the bond between humans and horses.
10. Embrace the Journey: Remember that horse riding, like any skill, is a continuous learning process and we never stop learning. Embrace the ups and downs, and don't be too hard on yourself.
A Horse riding App can help improve your riding and inspiration
Always remember that it's perfectly normal to have periods of low inspiration, we all get it from time to time. But with a few adbjustments and a fresh outlook, you can rediscover the joy of horse riding. Enjoy the journey and the unique bond you share with these magnificent creatures.